Translate

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What grinds my gears

Here is a list of a few things that has annoyed me the past few days, I'm normaly a happy go lucky kind of guy, but some things really, as our yellow friend on the TV would say, grinds my gears.


1. The sidewalks here in Malta are narrow to say the least, so if you're not alone, don't walk next to each other. I know you love-birds want to cuddle up close and share all impressions, which I totally get, but not all wants to walk in your pace. If the sidewalk is slim, walk in a line so others may pass!


2. If I, which I always am, am being a gentleman, holding the door open for you, letting you walk past me in the grocery shop because you have few items, allowing you to have my seat on the bus etc, etc. then why not aknowledge it? Say thank you or give me a smile. In that way I can be sure you appreciated my gesture, otherwise I might not do it the next time!


3. Don't use the honk (is it called a honk? funny name.. ) all the time. Back home we associate honking with a few things, maybe you are holding up traffic - by all means, honk.. maybe someone has walked out into the street and another driver is unaware of this, honk.. whenever there is danger or maybe if an animal is near the road.. honk. But here you honk at everything! Whenever I am outside and you honk whilst I'm just 5 meters away, my heart jumps up into my mouth and I have to swallow it again. That's not nice... You honk everytime you come close to an intersection, because you don't have the patience to slow down and look in each direction, you honk so other cars will know you are near.. You sir, you are a jack ass! (This is btw 80% off all drivers in Malta)


So.. there you have it. This is what has made me clench me fists in my pants the past few days. Other than this I've been smiling non stop :)


Next I will post some photos of our neighbourhood. It's truly beautiful here and if someone could teach the drivers some manners and maybe re-send them to driving school, it would be the perfect place to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment