Translate

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Variety is the spice of life


Since, in today's society, it is so easy moving abroad, I wonder why more folks don't give it a go. It's full of amazing life experiences and gives you meat on your bones. The thing holding most back (who do wish to try living in another country) I believe is the lack of security one may feel when leaving your home, friends, family, routines etc. It's scary, it can be..
But you grow accustomed to the way of living, which can take a while, but later on you feel more and more at home. If you don't like it after having tried it out, you move back "home" but at least you can say it wasn't for you.

The way politics is heading in many countries in Europe (Scandinavian countries very much included) is scary. Then why are more and more people listening to the voices of these deluding souls?
The feeling of companionship? - maybe.  The need to blame what's wrong in their own lives on someone else? - probably. Regardless of why, I truly believe openness would be better for all. By allowing people to live where they please, with whomever they wish, and do what they desire, that can't be other than good, can it? And I never believe for a second that the pride of our origin will fade just because people with different nationalities fill my street. Patriotism can be a good thing, be proud of your heritage and allow it to continue, just don't deny other people to share it.

Well, enough about that, I notice that it's difficult for me to write in English, it's been so long and I don't know how to switch the spell check into English, but I feel this is good practice for me, therefore I will continue..


In other news, I'm hearing an orchestra in my head, and they are not even playing the same song, at least they shut out all the voices.. eyy? :) 

I am sitting comfortably on the couch whilst Sandra does the dishes and preps tonight's dinner (Carbonara-my favorite). 

Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment