Translate

Thursday, May 8, 2014

I love animals, but unfortunately, it's not mutual.

The following animals have made it obvious that they don't appreciate my presence here in Malta.

Dogs - Our neighbor has a balcony ten meters down and out from ours, and on this balcony a large and intimidating dog is keeping the peace. Whenever he spots me on our balcony, all shit breaks loose. He runs the entire 12-14 meters of his territory, up and down, down and up, never letting his gaze of this proposed threat. He barks and drools, needless to say, this is one mean jack russell ;)


Bees - I've only encountered one, but as soon as I felt something tickling my toe, I looked down to see him thrusting his nasty sting exactly beneath my toenail. But relax, I had my vengeance, and the whole thing ended quicker than he deserved..

Birds - The first time Sandra and I planned on getting a tan, a bird thought differently. I'm guessing he couldn't bare the view I presented him with, so he flapped his wings, aimed and fired. His yellow/green shit splashed all over my stomach. I've heard it means "good luck will come your way" if they take a dump on your head, but I don't know what this means though..

And finally.. Mosquito's - I guess I shouldn't say that they dislike me, in fact, they really seem to love me. So this works the other way around I suppose, but it's still a love/hate relationship we've got going on..

Tomorrow we are heading to the beach for our first swim. Ought I be afraid of what animals lure there, waiting for my pasty skin to make an appearance?

Oh, almost forgot.. I have made one friend here. I call him "Loke the Lizzard".





No comments:

Post a Comment